Legal Question in Family Law in New York

if me and my wife agree on a postnuptial that we write togeher, do we still need to consult an attorney, or can we just sign the document and get it notarise

Asked on 8/18/10, 1:23 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Steve Brodsky Esq.

I have seen many of these types of agreements written by the parties, and most of them are very deficient. I suggest you consult an attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/23/10, 1:26 pm

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You should consult with an attorney. There are several provisions that lay people often don't consider.

Also licensed and practicing in New York.

Read more
Answered on 8/25/10, 4:08 pm
Robert Evans Robert S. Evans esq.

It is always best to have a competent attorney review the agreement to protect the parties rights and resposibilities.

Read more
Answered on 8/26/10, 9:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York