Legal Question in Family Law in New York

In New York State, under what circumstances can I stop paying child support?

Asked on 6/23/13, 3:48 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Kristen Browde Browde Law, P.C.

When your child turns 21 or is emancipated - or under other conditions if you have a divorce settlement agreement.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 3:24 am

Jordan Trager Wisselman, Harounian & Associates, P.C.

If your child is emancipated which is usually at age 21. However there are other possible circumstances when it may end earlier or later. You should consult with an attorney on this.

Read more
Answered on 6/24/13, 6:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Law, Divorce, Child Custody and Adoption questions and answers in New York