Legal Question in Medical Leave in New York

I recently found out I'm the dad of a 6 year old. I did DNA and it has been proven and I pay support. However, I have no bond or contact with the kid. The kid is actually named after another man. I have no problem with paying support, however I would like to terminate my rights. Will I be able to do do. I am aware that I must continue support no matter what which is not the problem for me. Terminating my rights is what I feel Is best for myself and all parties involved. Will I be able to and will I need a lawyer

Asked on 6/11/12, 7:41 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

Termination of parental rights is something you should discuss with a lawyer before taking action. You will probably also need the assistance of a lawyer to properly file the paperwork. Let me know if I can be of further assistance. Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 6/12/12, 6:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Family Medical Leave Act questions and answers in New York