Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I allowed my sister and her family to stay with me after their house burned. We submitted a letter to her insurance co stating that she was to give me $600/mo while she was displaced. 5 months later she moves back home and I have not heard from her since. She told me she would pay me when she went back home, but now she just doesn't talk to me. I am wondering how do I go about getting a copy of that letter I wrote to her insurance company since I never made a copy. BECAUSE I TRUSTED HER. Please help. She never gave me one penny and I literally went broke over this situation.

Asked on 8/15/12, 1:17 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Paula McGill Attorney at Law

You can sue her in court and subpoena the insurance company letter from her or the insurance company. Before filing suit, you should consider sending her a final demand letter by mail.

Also licensed and practicing in New York.

Read more
Answered on 8/16/12, 9:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York