Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

How may I have my brother declared legally dead without going going broke in the process. Some lawyers fees and retainers are too high. In the long run, I'll spend more than the amount of money my brother has left unclaimed in an escrow account. I want to do this inexpensively. Any advice.

Asked on 9/22/12, 12:43 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Jason Stern Law Offices of Jason Stern

It's unclear if you're referring to obtaining a death certificate for a person presumed to be dead or settling your brother's estate (being named Adminstrator).

Please specify and I will try to assist.

Read more
Answered on 9/22/12, 12:59 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York