Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

If a corporation is sued for a dram case (drunk driver leaving bar), can the individuals of the corporation be added to the case 6 years later or do the statute of limitations apply?

Asked on 6/19/11, 5:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

It's a question of relation-back. Complex questions of fact and law. If the individuals knew of the lawsuit and knew that they were responsible for the dram shop violation, there's a chance that they can be added and have a difficult time with respect to coverage, indemnity and the like. You can call me at 212-278-1471 to make an appointment to meet and discuss. No up front charge for the meeting.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/11, 5:43 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York