Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I have a loan from a friend with a contract of repayment to him. Admittedly for a year I have not paid him due to hardship and lack of employment. During this time frame however, he has made no attempt to collect the debt (either by phone, mail or in person) nor has he given me any written notice of failure to pay. He has now filed a claim against me in small claims. As well on the contract the loan doesn't specify towards what it was for, it just states I owe him X amount with no detail. What can I do?

Asked on 7/11/16, 10:40 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Pay him.

Read more
Answered on 7/12/16, 6:01 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York