Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I Want My Money Back

A law firm acting as a collection agent for the Bank of America recently seized approx $2400 from my checking and savings account for a debt well over 15 years old that was discharged in bankruptcy. What legal forms would I fill out to start legal proceedings to get my money back and in which court would I file. I live in the Bronx. the law firm is located in Nassau County. Bank of America is headquartered in California. The law diem claims that a judgment was rendered in Bronx county Court enabling them to do this. I do not recall ever being served and I surely was never in court. Thank You

Asked on 11/10/97, 9:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Bunji Fromartz Fromartz Law Offices

i want my money back

If you have good documentation to back upyour claim you have a good civil litigation case.

You can file to get your money back and for other damages in Civil Court or if you wishyou can start a Supreme Court Action if your damages are great enough.

There is a possiblity to proceed in a contemptaction in bankruptcy court.

You should also review the New York State and Federal Consumer Debt and Collection Laws.

This tranmission does not imply an attorney-client relationship which canonly be entered into in writing.

Read more
Answered on 11/11/97, 12:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York