Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

My nephew has brain cancer and his wife is divorcing him, after one year the petition has expired. We would like to hire an attorney that doesn't treat his case as a standardized divorce but would take his medical condition into consideration. Is there such a field of expertise when one of the complainants in the divorce is declared non compos mentis?

Asked on 11/02/17, 8:10 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

Before you can either file or respond to a divorce action, the first thing that you would need to do is to have a judicial declaration that your son is incapacitated and that a guardian must be appointed.

Read more
Answered on 11/02/17, 8:32 am

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York