Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

I am pro se litigant and has just received mail from the Supreme Court enclosing an order in my favor. I should file it with the county clerk for entry and stamp. My bringing it there in person is the only way or can I ask process server to do it?

Asked on 7/18/13, 8:34 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Ernest DuBose DuBose Law

You do not need to do either. The opposing party should also receive a copy of the order so there is no need to serve anyone. The only thing you need to do is wait to see if the defendant will pay. If not contact a marshall.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/13, 6:02 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York