Legal Question in Civil Litigation in New York

Suing a Therapist

My child's old therapist turned us into ACS (ny state) because we sought a second opinion! This put our family and our child through hell - and of course was UNFOUNDED. We have our child with a new therapist and she's doing great but we'd like to take legal action against the old therapist. What kind of lawyer/ area of law do we need and where else can we file a complaint?

Asked on 4/27/09, 9:45 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Mark S. Moroknek Kelly & Curtis, PLLC.

Re: Suing a Therapist

It is very difficult to sue a therapist, doctor or teacher for reporting something to Social Services. Cerain professions are leaglly required by the social services law to make such reports, under certain circumstances, and the law virtually immunizes them from suit for these reports unless they act in a grossly negligent manner.

Read more
Answered on 4/27/09, 3:08 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More General Civil Litigation questions and answers in New York