Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Hi im American citizen married to illegal immigrant i just found out he is cheating on me im going to file for a divorce will he still be able to get a green card

Asked on 3/13/19, 1:42 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

In short, not through you. One must meet an eligibility requirement to adjust status. One must also be eligible to adjust under the INA, which your estranged spouse might not anyway, depending on whether or not there was a lawful entry.

Read more
Answered on 3/13/19, 2:00 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York