Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

My boyfriend came to the U.S legally but his visa expired in 2001.What ca nwe do to get his status updated?

Asked on 2/15/11, 6:47 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

You are not able to do anything for him as his girlfriend. Unless you plan to marry him, you may look to see if he has U.S. citizen parents. For a free consultation, please contact my office at 1-800-408-5818.

Read more
Answered on 2/15/11, 6:51 pm
Michael Cho Law Offices of Michael Cho

If you were to marry one another, then he may qualify to adjust his status to permanent resident.

Please find detailed information on the process here:

A free consultation with me can be requested here:

Read more
Answered on 2/15/11, 10:50 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York