Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

It is possible to get a chance to stay permanently in the us because of my daughter? My daughter was abducted from Haiti to New York by her father about 9 years ago (2007). Untill 2007 the child was living with her auntie who abused her. And 2014 the father gave the legal custody to his girlfriend without my knowledge and authorization. Now I am in US with a visitor visa seeking for the legal custody of my daughter.but it seems difficult not to say impossible to obtain the custody since I asked for her tone returned in Haiti. She is a US citizen. Will be any chance for me to a obtain a permanent US visa in order to stay with my daughter???? What can I do?

Asked on 10/07/15, 9:27 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 to discuss your case and matters. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 11/07/15, 2:38 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York