Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I am us citizen, how can i apply for 80 year old father?

Asked on 5/11/11, 9:04 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Latangie Williams Law Office of Latangie Williams, P.A.

Is your father inside or outside of the United States? His location (amongst other factors) will determine how you proceed. For a free consultation, please contact my office at 904-371-3538 or email me at [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 5/11/11, 9:14 pm
David Leon David L. Leon, P.C.

I need to know where your father is located. If he's in the USA, I need to know his status. If he's not, I need to know his country of origin, and his criminal history, if any. Feel free to contact me if you want to talk about this.

For more information, please visit our website:

Also, please read our disclaimer:

Read more
Answered on 5/11/11, 9:26 pm
Nicklaus Misiti Misiti Global, PLLC.

You need to speak with an attorney regarding filing a petition for your father. Much more information is needed to determine the best path for your family. For a free consultation you may contact my office at 212 537 4407 or fill out the form on my website Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 5:12 am
Seeta Nangia Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

If you are a U.S. Citizen over the age of 21, you may petition for your father to obtain a green card. If he is outside of the U.S., you will need to do consular processing and your father will have to attend a green card interview at the U.S. consulate closest to him. If your father entered the country with inspection (with a visa), he may adjust his status while he is in the United States and obtain his green card here. You will need to speak to an immigration attorney to ensure that he has no grounds of inadmissibility that would prevent him from obtaining a green card. Please feel free to contact me at 415-273-9123 or [email protected] to discuss this matter further.

Seeta L. Nangia, Esq.

Law Offices of Seeta Nangia

Exclusively Practicing Immigration Law

Phone: (415) 273-9123

Email: [email protected]


Read more
Answered on 5/12/11, 9:49 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York