Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

I've been in this country 19 yrs, I never got cought by immigration I have 2 kids who were born here would it be possible to get my green card because I've been here for more than 10 yrs. And if so how long would it take for me to get it?

Asked on 8/10/13, 1:57 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

You cannot get a greencard just based on your presence in the U.S., unless you are in Removal proceedings, in which you could apply for Cancellation of Removal (but there is no guarantee that it would be granted).

If there is some sort of immigration reform implemented in the future, then you might be eligible for that.

At this time, you might be eligible for Deferred Action (DACA); see for more details, & search "DACA" or "Deferred Action".

Read more
Answered on 8/10/13, 5:54 pm

Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

You might be able to file a Provisional Waiver I-601A which was a new law ushered in by President Obama in March 2013 if you have US Citizen or Greencard immediate relatives in the United States, in addition to the relief described above. Please call my law office at 2129688600 to dicuss further. Regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 8/11/13, 4:45 pm

You may be eligible to file a Provisional Waiver I-601A based on the extreme hardship to your immediate family and may be eligible for a Green card. Please call us at 646-492-9700 for further assistance.

Read more
Answered on 8/12/13, 8:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York