Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Can I file for my daughter while she is visiting on a tourist visa. The I am an American citizen and she is 18 and unmarried. She is a citizen of Jamaica

Asked on 12/07/15, 2:59 pm

3 Answers from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Yes, 60 days after her arrival, you can petition her for permanent residence. See:

Read more
Answered on 12/07/15, 3:32 pm
Marta Delimelkonoglu, Esq. Law Office of Marta Delimelkonoglu, PLLC

Yes, you can. Under certain conditions, she could stay in the United States and apply for adjustment of status or can go back to Jamaica and wait for consular processing there. If you need help with preparing and filing a petition or have more questions, please contact me at 212-962-0616. I would be happy to assist you. Have a nice evening.

Read more
Answered on 12/07/15, 3:33 pm
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 12/09/15, 6:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York