Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

To what government agency or law enforcement official should proof of a fraudulent marriage for sole purpose of obtaining a green card, be reported ? I married a French woman 20 years ago , and hoped to live as man and wife, however she never lived with me , always had her own apartment and refused to have sexual intercourse after the marriage. She has genital herpes and saw a doctor through my health plan for this disease. We never finalized divorce papers when she requested a consensual divorce 5 years ago because although I filed documents she never signed. Now she is suing me for half my assets and I wish to report her to INS

Asked on 10/05/13, 4:38 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

Although USCIS will probably not investigate the case if you have been legally married for 20 years, you can call the USCIS customer service number (located at for further inquiry.

Read more
Answered on 10/05/13, 9:05 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York