Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

If a green card holder received an ACD and the case has been closed, disposed, and sealed for over a year can she travel outside the U.S.

Asked on 1/25/15, 1:38 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

James Brown Brown Law Practice, PLLC

Generally, an ACD is not a conviction for immigration purposes. Nevertheless, some offenses are grounds of inadmissibility even without a conviction.

I encourage you to contact an immigration attorney before you travel so that the details of the offense can be reviewed to ensure that you will not encounter a problem when reentering the U.S. after your travels. Additionally, you should not travel without the certificate of disposition in case an immigration officer asks for it at a point of entry.

Read more
Answered on 2/02/15, 12:48 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York