Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Immigration & Naturalization

My mother, born in the US, by US

citizen father and Danish mother.

Moved to Denmark as child. Gave

birth to me January 1985, without

petitioning for naturalization for me

at the time. Can I, with her as a

sponsor, petition for US citizenship if

I were to move to the States?

Asked on 6/23/08, 8:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Rachel Baskin Rachel Baskin, Attorney at Law

Re: Immigration & Naturalization

Depending on whether and when your mother lived in the US before you were born, you may already be a citizen. If she dd not live in the US, then she can petition for you now, only if she has residence in the US.

If you have additional questions, do not hesitate to contact me.

Read more
Answered on 6/23/08, 12:11 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York