Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

My name is SSD. I arrived in USA in 2007. I met and married my exwife a few short months after, and I was obtaining my green card and status through her. About a year and a half later I met my current wife. However, before I was able to divorce my first wife and marry my second one, the ICE agents and FBI caught me and claimed I was committing marriage fraud since I was seeing someone else while being married and obtaining my status. Fearing for my future and my safety I agreed to give up my status and leave the country. I was told by the ICE agent that I was signing a paper where I admit to marriage fraud which included a 10 year bar. However, I am unaware whether or not I in fact signed this paper or just a basic paper giving up my status. My current wife is a US citizen and I wish to reapply to reenter The USA again. We haven't done so yet because we are not sure if I currently have a file with immigration office or not.

Please I need help with this situation and donít know what to start with ,

Thank you

Asked on 10/25/12, 8:56 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Alexander Tsiring The Tsiring Law Firm, P.C.

did you divorce your previous wife yet? did you leave the United States?

Yous should consult with an immigration attorney, to find out the exact status of your case (if any) and to file appropriate petition on your behalf.

If you have any questions - you can contact our office.

Good luck!

Read more
Answered on 10/26/12, 8:04 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York