Legal Question in Immigration Law in New York

Hi, i was in USA for 1 year (i extended my visa) and then i overstayed 8 months. I came back to Brazil in May 2013. My visa is valid through sept 2014. How can i get in in the US and do not be deported at airport? All I need are 3 days in NY, nothing else!

Asked on 8/23/13, 4:04 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Marlene Hemmings Marlene Hemmings, Attorney at Law

If you overstay for 180 days to 364 days, you trigger a 3 year bar to re-etnry upon departing the United States.

You can check with the U.S. Consulate in Brazil to see if you are eligible for a waiver of inadmissibility, pursuant to INA section 212(a).

Read more
Answered on 8/24/13, 7:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Immigration Law questions and answers in New York