Legal Question in Insurance Law in New York

What type of attorney works a case wherein my medical provider was overpaid by my insurance company and have not remitted my reimbursement or returned telephone calls. this overpayment was due to the the medical provider failing to file claims, until recently, with my secondary insurance carrier the medical provider, a skilled nursing facility, subsequently received what amounted to overpayments of which over $10k was paid out-of-pocket to the medical provider by myself?

Asked on 4/01/13, 3:08 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Write to the physician and ask for your money back or you will proceed to the State Attorney General's office to report it as medical fraud. You had better be sure that you are in fact correct before accusing your doctor. If all fails, write Registered letter indicating your demand for a response and accounting of the charges; and in the event of their failure to respond within thirty days (send two registered letters every two weeks), you will retain an attorney and they would be responsible for the attorney's fees.

Read more
Answered on 4/01/13, 3:19 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Insurance Law questions and answers in New York