Legal Question in Investment Law in New York

Im trying to buy this MMORPG off this website thats about to close down the game and i was wondering how i would go about it would i have to hire a lawyer to see how much they will charge for the game ???

the reason im trying to buy this game is because my brother is in iraq and he really likes this game

Asked on 3/26/11, 8:25 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Roman Fichman Esq. Law Practice of Roman Fichman Esq.

I assume you mean that you are interested in buying the "rights" to the game. In such case it is highly advisable that you use an attorney to conduct the necessary due diligence concerning the intellectual property (IP) that is tied to the game and to draft the purchase and/or license agreement.

In addition, massive multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs) have a backend that needs to be dealt with, as rights to it cleared, as part of the purchase.

Feel free to contact my office at your earliest convenience.

Roman R. Fichman, Esq. │ @TheLegalist

email: Info (at) TheLegalist (dot) com

t e l : 2 1 2 -- 3 3 7 -- 9 8 3 7

Disclaimer: This posting has been written for educational purposes only and was not meant to be legal advice and should not be construed as legal advice. You should always consult an attorney admitted to practice in your jurisdiction for specific advice.

Read more
Answered on 3/26/11, 11:04 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in New York