Legal Question in Investment Law in New York

How can I open an small private private, family only investment fund similar to Buffett Associates ltd in New York. Would have an AUM lower than $5M for sure probably lower than $1M to start. I would structure it as a General/Limited Partnership. Do I have to take any exams? Have any other requirements?

Asked on 10/17/18, 11:39 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

This is not the place to be looking for an answer to a question like that. The situation you are describing is much too sophisticated to be addressed in an email conversation. And if you’re looking to open an investment fund you certainly should be hiring a lawyer to guide you through this. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 10/17/18, 1:16 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in New York