Legal Question in Investment Law in New York

I had a stop order on a NASDAQ stock. The price went below the stop order price, thus executing the trade. Broker gave me a trade receipt for the sale. The following day, broker told me that the trade was cancelled and had to be executed at a much lower price, costing me thousands of dollars. Is there a way to force the broker to honor the initial trade? Can I have them refund me the difference?

Asked on 3/09/20, 11:42 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You could file a complaint with the regulatory agency. It would cost more to hire a lawyer than you lost on this transaction. Do what you can by yourself, or write it off as a learning lesson.

Read more
Answered on 3/09/20, 6:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Investment Law questions and answers in New York