Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

Can an employer radically change your position?

I've been working in office related field my entire adult life (I'm 53).

All office duties were eliminated (I was p/t HR assistant and p/t Activities computer work only) and I was moved into a Memory Care Unit, working with Alzheimer/Dementia patients one on one. My title was changed to "Memory Care Coordinator". When the State came to do their yearly inspection, I was questioned on my training for this position. I told them I had none. The company then changed my title to "Wellness Driver" (I have never stepped foot behind the wheel of their bus) as I continued in Memory Care Unit.

I have not been educated or trained and am not qualified to work with Alzheimer/Dementia patients and had no choice but to quit. Was it legal for the company to, not only radically change my position but to change my title to "Wellness Driver" and leave me in Memory Care Unit once the State questioned my training?

Asked on 5/22/18, 3:49 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

The extent of your claim -based on theses set of facts- is for Unemployment Benefits.

Read more
Answered on 5/22/18, 4:07 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York