Legal Question in Employment Law in New York

I am inquiring about an incident that happened at work and am seeking legal advice. A guy at work is consistently mean to me making comments. A couple weeks ago he hit me in the face with an Arby's bag and said 'there now I slapped you with my meat". This was in front of other workers. Another employee reported it to management. The harasser was told to stay away from me and that was it. I now have other employees calling me a snitch at work because they think I told on him for hitting me. I am having anxiety and I want to quit to get out of that environment but I would like to get legal advice prior to see if there is anything else I can do.

Asked on 7/17/20, 10:53 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Locksley Wade Law Office of Locksley O. Wade

This is workplace violence. Make sure that you write a formal complaint to management (e.g. an email or letter) so that you have proof that you complained. You will need this just in case this matter comes up in an administrative proceeding or in a court of law.

Read more
Answered on 7/18/20, 3:29 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Labor and Employment Law questions and answers in New York