Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

Getting someone out of your apartment

I rented a room in my apartment and now I am trying to get the person out and they do not want to move. How can I get them out?

Asked on 4/12/09, 2:16 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys


Re: Getting someone out of your apartment

If they do not leave voluntarily you will have to initiate summary eviction proceedings through the court system. We can start by serving a notice which can limit your expenses. We have substantial experience handling these types of cases, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


Law Offices of


101 Avenue of the Americas, 15th Floor

New York, New York 10013


[email protected]

The information provided by The Law Offices of Steven J. Czik, P.C. (LOSJC) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. LOSJC is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and LOSJC have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain LOSJC on terms acceptable to LOSJC, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 4/13/09, 4:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York