Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

Disruptive neighbors and the Law

We had a new neighbor move in our very quiet block and now we have their 18 year old son speeding up and down the block, coming in with a loud radio at all hours of the night, meeting

in the end of the cul de sac with other cars and leving behind liquor bottles and neighbors who have watched have seem them passing various combustible items around the cars. They have sped down the block in reverse jeopardizing anyone who may be walking etc.

The police have been summoned, but by the time they arrive everyone is either gone or the ''action'' has ended. This is very disruptive to an older population that lives here.

Do we have any legal options?

Asked on 4/19/04, 2:02 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Debra Palazzo Law Offices of Debra Palazzo, LLC

Re: Disruptive neighbors and the Law

Suing a neighbor is NOT the best choice BUT you/neighbors could write a letter threatening to sue the 18 yr old civily for nuisance.

Read more
Answered on 4/19/04, 7:12 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York