Legal Question in Landlord & Tenant Law in New York

My mother in law recently found that she was renting rooms in her home illegally (she thought it was mixed use its an r4) after she tried to evict 2 tennants for non payment and using their deposits as rent.

please we need help she may lose her home and life savings.

Thank you for your cosideration.

Mr. E. Thompson

Asked on 8/11/13, 5:41 am

1 Answer from Attorneys


As New York State law is very specific as to the exact wording required in these Notices and the manner in which they must be served upon the tenant, it is highly advisable to retain the services of an attorney experienced in these areas. A small mistake can set you back months in the process. We have substantial experience handling these types of cases, however, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 2:13 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Landlord & Tenants questions and answers in New York