Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

I live in New York State. I was previously employed by a fertility doctor and have not worked for the company in about a year. It has recently come to my attention that the doctors are currently listing me by name as being the attending nurse present during medical procedures. These documents I am being listed on are computerized reports which are patients perminent medical records and are also being used for insurance and patient billing purposes. I feel this is misconduct and would like to know if I can take legal action.

Asked on 4/07/11, 3:20 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

You have not, as yet, suffered any monetary damages from the continued use of your name. Thus, there is no lawsuit that should be brought. Why not call, and write by certified mail, return receipt requested, asking that your name be deleted, now. If things don't change, contact the NYS Department of Health to report the issue. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 4/07/11, 6:48 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York