Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

medical malpractice

i was referred to a surgeon about a slight lump on my upper thigh. He initially diagnosed it as a panus(piece of fat) I had out-patient surgery to remove it. Everything went bad from that point. Then he denied calling it a panus and after treating me a couple times after the surgery, he sent me back to my primary dr. The surgeon ordered a sonagram and a mri prior to surgery. My concern is, after reviewing my medical chart and getting the results from the tests ordered, did he make a bad decision to opt for the surgery? Reason being he was so sure what this thing was and was quick to say he can remove it, however, when things went bad he dropped me like a hot skillet, leaving me with a lump on my thigh that's approximately 10 times bigger than the intial lump. Forever scarring and problems walking. Is this a actionable injury of malpractice or any other action?

Asked on 8/15/07, 6:03 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Scott Levinson Korybski & Levinson

Re: medical malpractice

Your question raises a number of issues which would need to be addressed by a certified physician to determine whether this is an actionable case of malpractice. Specifically, what in fact was the surgery for if not to remove a pannus? What were the alternatives to surgery and what in fact did the mri and sonogram show (that the surgeon apparently did not see)? What is needed is to have your medical records reviewed by an expert in the field for an opinion. Should you wish to pursue this matter further, I would be happy to speak to you about your options. Please feel free to contact me at your earliest convenience.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/07, 9:05 am

Frank Pintauro Donohue & Partners, PC

Re: medical malpractice

You may have a case. My firm handles medical malpractice cases. I suggest that you obtain a copy of all your medical records pertaining to the procedure. Then those records must be reviewed by another independent doctor who will give an opinion as to whether there was malpractice. Feel to call me at 2129725252.

Read more
Answered on 8/15/07, 9:10 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York