Legal Question in Medical Malpractice in New York

I been have severe pain for about 3 wks in the abdomen.... Went for a upper G.I. yesterday and was told I still have staples inside my abdoment....The surgery was 18 yrs ago....Should I still have these staples?

Asked on 1/28/12, 4:16 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Would need to have a general surgeon review the operative report from the procedure done 18 years ago. Are you now being told the pain is caused by the staples? Details are important. Also, was there follow-up with the surgeon after the procedure? Were you told the staples would dissolve? Need more information to give an informed opinion. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 1/28/12, 11:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Medical Malpractice Law questions and answers in New York