Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

On August 1st 2014 I broke my ankle. I was leaving work,it was 10:30 at night.The parking lot had very poor lighting outside and is full of potholes.I fell in one of the holes and broke my ankle. This was on a Friday night and I was due back at work on Sunday.I thought I had just sprained it.I called my employer on Sunday to tell them what happen.Went to the er on Monday and found out it was broke.My employer does not carry workers comp.I do believe it is the law that employers carry it.They have been sent my medical bills but have not paid any. What kind of case do I have...should I sue them ? Thank You for your time

Asked on 10/22/14, 8:21 am

6 Answers from Attorneys

Eric Rothstein Rothstein Law PLLC

Hire a personal injury lawyer. If they don't have comp you get the choice of suing them or going into the uncovered comp plan.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 8:25 am

David Owens, Esq. Molod, Spitz & DeSantis

Based upon your brief description it appears that you have a viable claim to make against the owner/tenant responsible for maintaining the property. Please feel free to contact me for a free consultation.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 8:26 am
Harlan Thompson Pulvers, Pulvers & Thompson LLP

You may have a case against the property owner and/or company responsible for maintaining the parking lot. I am happy to discuss with you in more detail.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 8:40 am
Charles Gueli Law Offices of Charles R. Gueli

I would be interested in speaking with you regarding this matter. To reiterate what the others have said, it does appear that you have a case. Please contact me at (516) 622-0428

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 8:56 am
Michael Krigsfeld Krigsfeld & Associates, P.C.

It may not be a workers' compensation claim. The owner of the parking lot will in most probability be the liable party, however, others may also be involved (i.e. management/maintenance company). For an absolutely FREE consultation feel free to email me ([email protected]) or call me (347-702-4133) to discuss your matter. DO NOT speak to anyone about any aspect of your case prior to retaining an attorney. The liable party of their insurance representatives can be sneaky and try to elicit information from you they are not currently entitled to or have you sign papers giving up all your rights.

All the best!

Michael Krigsfeld, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 11:17 am
Rahul Manchanda, Esq. Manchanda Law Office PLLC

Please call me at (212) 968-8600 or toll-free at (800) 750-1828. Kind regards, RDM

Read more
Answered on 10/22/14, 4:23 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York