Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I was a commerial driver doing long hours of driving. I cant do that anymore. Was involvex in a personal car accident.

after a year of therapy for my back, the auto insurance adjuster is only offering

$3500. settlement. The lawyer doesnt want to file suit only because the doctors stated that I have lost of motion BUT the didnt state what percentage.

He basically sayin take the $3500. Or find another lawyer.

Does this sound correct?

Is there someone willing to take over?

Asked on 10/24/13, 6:16 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Michael Krigsfeld William Schwitzer & Associates, P.C.

I would be willing to look over your medical records if you can get me copies of your MRI reports and range of motion testing and any other medical records you can get your hands on. I would also like to know who the insurance carrier is for the other driver. For am absolutely FREE consultation please call me at 347-702-4133 or e-mail me at [email protected]

Yours truly,

Michael Krigsfeld, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 8:02 am
Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

Sure. You may call me for a free consultation at 347 612-6677

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 9:17 am

It sounds like your current attorney does not want to take the time and effort to properly and effectively represent your interests. There was a somewhat recent Court of Appeals case which said that you do not need numerical range of motion testing which is contemporaneous with the accident. You should certainly get a second opinion as to the value of your case before accepting such a small sum in settlement. Feel free to call my office at 212-532-1200 for a free evaluation. My office has been in the personal injury field for over fifty years. Ask for Matthew Schroeder, Esq.

Read more
Answered on 10/24/13, 9:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York