Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

My daughter was hit by a car about a month ago and um she was riding her bike she was crossing from one street to another and she ran into a car she receives stitches for a deep cut and she had several lacerations can I sue the person even though they were not at fault and it was simply an accident

Asked on 8/27/13, 10:59 pm

4 Answers from Attorneys

Tanya Gendelman Law Offices of Tanya Gendelman, P.C.

You cannot recover damages from the person who was not at fault for the accident.

Read more
Answered on 8/27/13, 11:10 pm

Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Is there a police report? Did the driver speak with police? Was a no-fault claim made for medical expenses? Various things to explore here. Best to consult with a lawyer before reaching conclusions. VTY, ME Zuller

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 4:17 am
Michael Krigsfeld Krigsfeld & Associates, P.C.

Believe it or not you may have a claim for personal injuries, however, you need to provide a copy of the police report to an attorney to review. Regarless of whether you can have a legal claim against the driver the no fault insurance will still cover the medical expenses. For an absolutely FREE consultation please contact me at 347-702-4133 or email me at [email protected] You can also call me on my cell phone at 917-596-2021.

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 6:25 am
Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

You may and you should at least try. Do you have a police report? Contact me directly at 346 612-6677. consultation is Free

Read more
Answered on 8/28/13, 9:20 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York