Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

Myself and a fellow co worker are defendants in a lawsuit. My employer, the DOE,and the city of New York are also named. The case involves sexual abuse of 2 minors against another minor. We are named because our company provides transportation for the minor children. I am the driver, my co worker the attendant. The mother claims sexual abuse occurred for an 8 month period on the bus and in our presence. Children are all seat belted and not allowed out of their seats at any time. We are being represented by our company attorney. My question is whether our best interests are served by the company attorney. Should we hire private counsel for this matter?

Asked on 11/04/13, 9:14 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Yes. You should be able to obtain a second opinion.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 9:24 am


The City of New York should and will cover you for any "so called" claimed negligence. The only issue is whether you or the attendant were the individuals explicitly complicit in the act of molestation, meaning you molested the children yourselves. Otherwise, contact the City Attorney directly and have a face to face conversation to put your mind at ease.

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 9:47 am
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

Can't hurt. VTY, ME Zuller

Read more
Answered on 11/04/13, 1:35 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York