Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York


I came across a post on Craigslist showing a nice home for rent. She told me, however, that I needed to deposit a certain sum of money to insure that place mine. Being that I am physically far away from where she is, I wired the amount to her. After receiving the amount, however, she simply disappeared. What can I do?

Asked on 4/14/13, 10:56 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

Sue. You subpoena the Bank for her whereabouts. Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 4:36 am
Jignesh Shah Law Office of Jignesh J. Shah, LLC

You should also file a police report.

Read more
Answered on 4/15/13, 5:56 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York