Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

My husband slipped on broken glass on the walkway and injured himself while taking our baggage to our car outside a holiday inn in Philadelphia. We got little response from the hotel. He has sustained a torn hamstring has been out of work for almost a month, as he is a firefighter. Do we have any chance on receiving any money from the hotel? At least pay for our stay there ? We did get a call once from their insurance company and they said they would pay for his doctor bills at least. Do we have any kind of legal case?

Asked on 6/14/13, 3:46 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

Was the walkway hotel property? Can you prove how long the broken glass had been there or whether the hotel knew of it. Tough case to show their negligence.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/13, 3:54 am
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

If the glass was on any part of the hotel premises, there may very well be a claim to make. Consult with a Philadelphia attorney, as the case would likely be brought in the PA courts. Best, M.E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 6/14/13, 5:14 am
David Owens, Esq. Molod, Spitz & DeSantis

Whether a claim will exist is going to depend on many factors, including whether the glass was on the property of the Holiday Inn and whether the hotel had, or should have had, notice of the condition. The claim should be able to be brought in New York, as it apparently is the place of your residence, and the Holiday Inn likely doing business in this State. Kindly feel free to contact me for a free consultation to discuss your rights.

Read more
Answered on 6/14/13, 6:46 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York