Legal Question in Personal Injury in New York

I injured myself at a vacation rental home a month ago. The owner had told me verbally to let her know if I incurred any medical expenses. I really didn't think I would but today I needed diagnostic imaging because the injury did not improve. How do I go about getting compensation at this point? I really do not think it should be my responsibility to pay for a $1000 test. Thank you.

Asked on 5/07/13, 3:46 pm

2 Answers from Attorneys

Daniel Scott Daniel U. Scott, Esq.

Sorry to hear about your injury. I appreciate your desire to not sure the owner of the property, but as you are becoming aware, the cost of medical procedures can add up quick. You need to contact an attorney to preserve documentation, scene of injury and witnesses quickly. You may not need to sue for compensation of your medical bills but should it become necessary the assistance of an attorney now will make the process easier for you

Read more
Answered on 5/07/13, 3:57 pm
Michael E. Zuller Zuller Law Offices

You don't provide details regarding how the accident occurred, whether it was your fault, the fault of the property owner or a combination. The property owner seems to have liability insurance that includes MedPay, in some amount. For now, you can ask the property owner for her insurance information, make the necessary calls, and find out where to submit the medical bills. Don't discuss the accident in great detail with anyone, in case you wish to pursue an action at a later time. If you do, consult a lawyer. Best, M. E. Zuller

Read more
Answered on 5/08/13, 10:36 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Personal Injury Law and Tort Law questions and answers in New York