Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

A close family friend owns a 2 family home, she lived downstairs and rented upstairs, she has since moved out and due to age no longer wants burden of home ownership, she wants to sign house over to us, is willing to keep mortgage in her name for now, can deed be signed over to us? how complicated is process

Asked on 11/13/13, 4:31 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Kevin Connolly Kevin J. Connolly

It's a house closing. Extra work is needed to do the seller financing. The legal fees would be about $1500 for both sides combined. Expenses are variable but should be less than 4% of the price. Call in the morning if you like, 516-242-1453 or write to [email protected]

Read more
Answered on 11/13/13, 7:03 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York