Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

If a huband and wife own property can the husband give his half to his son?

Asked on 10/13/17, 11:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Under usual circumstances of how a husband and wife own property, as “tenants by the entirety,” the husband would not be permitted to transfer partial title to his son or anyone else. And even if the property was owned by some other means, it would be nearly impossible for the husband to make the transfer you’ve described.

Read more
Answered on 10/13/17, 6:47 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York