Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

i own a land and woodworking barn in New York state, Broome county. Apparently I did not pay 2017 property tax, I was not inform about it. This weekend my neighbor stoped by who find a paper at the edge of the property, The document sad that I own ( about $500) property tax and the city will take the property and i will not have any right to it. the deadline was 2/15 to response, I received this paper yesterday (04/08). I called the town they sad its under foreclose because I didnt pay the approx $500 property tax, i did pay the next year and all others.

I have been never been inform about this, never received any letter or warning, that suddenly I will be not able to have any rights to my property.

I have work what I have to do on this barn , woodworking orders. How can I stop the city to take over my property over $500 what worth over $200.000 , I have woodworking machines, forklift, materials worth over $50.000 . What can I do? I wanna pay the tax with interest, when I called the city they sad the paper is at the judge and he(or she) should sign it this days. if it happens I wont have ownership at my property, workplace. What can I do? Can I found a judge who can over-wright this decision? I have never ever heard anything like this, If my neighbor doesnt stop by, I wouldnt even known about this, working there not knowing its not even my property ?? Please anyone help what can I do?

Thanks for reading and if you have any advice, please let me know! thanks

Asked on 4/08/19, 3:55 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

There’s no way you’ll be able to solve your problems using free advice on the Internet. You have to go see a lawyer right away.

Read more
Answered on 4/09/19, 9:54 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York