Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

how do I take my late husbands name off the deed to the house?

Asked on 6/07/17, 8:22 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

You have to file some papers with the county clerk's office; the registrar of deeds or whatever department it's called in your county. Start making phone calls to the county clerk's office and eventually you'll get to the right place (god willing). They're usually very helpful in situations like this.

Read more
Answered on 6/07/17, 2:32 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York