Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

I have a mortgage on a house in my name only and a deed with both my wife and my name on it. Is there any way for me to force a sale if she chooses not to agree to it?

Asked on 5/13/22, 9:36 pm

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

Yes; you can force a sale of the house even if your wife does not agree. Depending on how the deed is written, "tenants in common," "joint tenants with rights of survivorship," or "tenants by the entirety," will require different procedures, but it can be done.

Good luck.

Read more
Answered on 5/14/22, 7:44 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York