Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

Four people on a deed , two brothers and their wives, two people want to sell to pay off borrowed money from brothers mother. Can a sale be legally forced if at least two people want to sell

Asked on 2/17/13, 10:35 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Yefim Rubinov Yefim Rubinov Attorney at Law

The people who want to sell the property must file for a partition action if the property cannot be phisically divided. Hire a lawyer.

Read more
Answered on 2/17/13, 10:44 am

Thomas Sirianni The Law Office of Thomas A. Sirianni

Call me monday to discuss 516-314-1343

Read more
Answered on 2/17/13, 10:58 am

The parties desiring the sale would need file an action for Partition and an Order seeking the sale of the property. We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and very reasonable fees. However, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


[email protected]

The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 2/19/13, 10:35 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York