Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

My name is on a quit claim deed, along with another relative. Only the relative's name is on the mortgage note. If I wanted to transfer my interest in the property, do I need her signature? The quit claim deed doesn't specify the type of ownership (e.g, tenant in common, joint tenancy, etc.). Am I to assume that if the quit claim deed doesn't specify the type, it is considered tenant in common?

Asked on 8/08/17, 5:02 am

1 Answer from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

I'm not a real estate attorney and cannot offer advice on your specific question except to say that most certainly this is not something you should try to handle without a lawyer in your corner.

Read more
Answered on 8/08/17, 6:53 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York