Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

my siblings and I inherited my father's house in which my nephew is now residing sans rent one of my sisters has opted out and transferred her portion to me and my other sister leaving the two of us with 3/5 ownership , what rights do we have as to sale and or requiring rent ?

Asked on 3/14/17, 7:35 am

2 Answers from Attorneys

Richard Bryan Richard Bryan Attorney PC

How did your nephew move into the house in the first place?

You and your sister and the two other owners have to get on the same page and decide what you want to do with the house, and then get it done. It seems to me this is a pretty straightforward question and answer, so I'm thinking there are other important facts you've left out which complicates the issue.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/17, 7:48 am
David Slater David P. Slater, Esq.

If you want to sell a partition action is your remedy.

Read more
Answered on 3/14/17, 8:43 am

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York