Legal Question in Real Estate Law in New York

What steps should I take if I sign over my portion of my fathers house to my brother so he can get my fathers home out of foreclosure, an insure that I will still receive my potion of the house after all is well again.

Asked on 8/19/13, 9:32 am

3 Answers from Attorneys

Tatyana Agarunov Agarunov Law Firm

Unfortunately your question does not provide enough information about the current situation. If you would like to discuss further please call our office 212-920-5989.

Read more
Answered on 8/19/13, 9:59 am
Walter LeVine Walter D. LeVine, Esq.

Possibly add you brother to the Deed and take back a quit-claim Deed from him that would not be recorded until things were cleared. However, there may be other complications, so more facts are needed for a complete answer.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 8:30 am

We have substantial experience handling these types of cases and very reasonable fees. However, we would need some more information before making a complete and proper determination. You are welcome to contact us for a free consultation.


401 Greenwich Street

New York, New York 10013


The information provided by Czik Law PLLC (CLP) is for general educational purposes only. There is no attorney-client relationship established by this communication and no privilege attaches to such communication. CLP is not taking and will not take any action on your behalf and will not be considered your attorney until both you and CLP have signed a written retainer agreement. There are strict deadlines, called statutes of limitation, within which claims or lawsuits must be filed. Therefore, if you desire the services of an attorney and decide not to retain CLP on terms acceptable to CLP, you are advised to immediately seek the services of another attorney.

Read more
Answered on 8/21/13, 1:33 pm

Related Questions & Answers

More Real Estate and Real Property questions and answers in New York